Wednesday 10 December 2008

This is Bristol calling...

Dear all,

I'm all in favour of this sort of thing, so I'm going to put my money where my proverbial mouth is. I know that Doug recently wrote about goings on down here in Bristol, so I might just tell you briefly about Curriculum Development. My No.1 ongoing priority is finishing writing the NOCN accredited 'Introduction to Music' course, which features four units. I've already begun delivering a unit with one of our students, Bradley, at St Roses school in Stroud. Bradley is a fantastic student; intelligent, funny and talented, and he has worked very hard on completing the different assessment tasks.

In parallel with this work, I've kept up the task of communicating with key music providers - such as Trinity Guildhall - to try and get them onboard with engaging with our work and our students. It takes imagination on their part to see the possibilities of what can be achieved and I hope that in meeting experienced Drake musicians, such as Charlotte White, they will become increasingly energised in their support for musicians with disabilities.

Lastly: I attended the NAME conference in Birmingham in September and was deeply unimpressed by the seminar I watched relating to disabled musicians and assistive music technology. I've asked NAME if Drake can be considered for delivering a seminar at the 2009 conference.

I've blogged enough...best wishes

Jonathan

No comments: